The 2014 Circular Logic Marathon, set for Saturday, March 29th, is one week away from tomorrow! We've all suffered through some seemingly record-setting winter weather. Now, let's get outside, welcome spring and enjoy a good day of running friends new and old! Things to remember or note:
- The 2014 Circular Logic Marathon is a sell-out! Each full marathon and relay team slot has been spoken for.
- There are Wait Lists for both the full marathon and relay teams. Albeit, at this late stage, entry is not guaranteed. Find out more using this link to get directly to the UltraSignup registration page. Click Register and go to the Wait List for your event.
- Forecast: We are just now starting to get our first long-range weather forecasts and they are looking great! Tuesday before the event looks to be the last day for a significant threat of precipitation. And, the overnight low on Friday looks to be around 32 degrees with temps on event day around 55 degrees under full sun!
- The CLM has ONLY 5 (five) formal volunteer positions left open! As the Volunteer Coordinator for the event, I want to thank all those people taking part of their Saturday to give back to our local running club, the Wabash River Runners Club, the hosts of the event, and to all the participants. Without you, this event could not happen.
I'm glad to hear from anyone that wants to volunteer in any general capacity for the event. But, we are really looking to get filled the following five positions:
- Finish Line Captain
- Lap Counter Announcer
- Bell Lap Ringer
- Food Station Captain
- Food Station Support - Shift 2 (noon-3pm).
Contact me directly at email@example.com for more details on these positions or to sign up for one of these positions or to offer to volunteer in any way.
- I look forward to again bringing 3 (three) relay teams from Lafayette School Corporation's Sunnyside Intermediate School to participate in this year's event. Our 15 runners, ages 10-12 years old, look forward to sharing the course with and cheering on the other participants while helping their respective team complete the 26.2 mile distance. Watch for our teams on event day: Sunnyside Red, Sunnyside White & Sunnyside Black.
- Also, I look forward to supporting a team of JrHigh/HS age runners (along with at least one little brother and little sister) that have banded to together to form 'Team Kool Kids' to take on the relay challenge.